Wednesday, January 12, 2011

StL- Dinner out with the family

Nick has noticed that whenever we visit St.Louis we tend to go to the same restaurants repeatedly. I could give you the list but, that isn't really all too important. One of the restaurants we have been to on numerous occasions is Penny's Bar-B-Que. Many are attracted to the food portions you receive for the minimal price. I have yet to eat a meal at Penny's that has not vacated itself from my body within 30 minutes. It tastes alright going in... the aftermath leaves me never wanting to go back. I do, however, go back to Penny's hoping that I will find something on the menu that doesn't enrage my stomach.

On Saturday everyone, the whole family (mom w, dad, Nick, Sam, Laura (sis-in-law), aunt Rita, uncle Rod, Carolyn (cousin), grandma Brasses, and uncle Russ) went to Penny's after attending Spam-a-lot. Nick and I both ordered steaks, the 10oz fillet for me and the 24 oz (no, that is not a typo) porterhouse. The steaks were okay for the price.  My stomach determined it was not something that I should retain so, I have decided that steaks are not something for me to order from Penny's.

Another conclusion that Nick and I have come to is that, more often than not, we can prepare something at home that tasted just as good, if not, better than a restaurant (excluding the really high end restaurants, of course). While eating my fillet I found myself longing for the fillet I make at home topped with a Dijon mustard wine sauce...
Fillet from Penny's. It was freaking massive... but not as big as the steak Nick got

24 oz porterhouse... I was hoping that the fork would allow for a size reference

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home