Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Apple Fritters and Cream Tomato Fettuccine with Chicken.

Since our return from Miami, Nick and I haven't done much cooking. I made a sandwich similar to the one we ate at the Dolphin mall on Sunday. It gave us the chance to breakout our sandwich press. I was happy with the results. I bought a baguette of French bread, capicola, pepperoni, salami, and provolone. I threw some leafy greens, onions, tomato, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and may on before pressing the sandwich. There might be a photo on Nick's phone... or maybe we ate it too fast...

Sunday night after seeing Tron (good film) I was craving the apple fritters that Karina made while we were in Miami. I checked the recipe on Pioneer Woman's website and, it turned out that we had all of the necessary ingredients for a half batch.  They turned out great. Here's a photo:
Nick wanted the powdered sugar added, like a funnel cake.

Monday we made some salsa from scratch using a recipe that Nathan and Alana like by Rick Bayless. It was tasty but, I didn't use fresh lime juice so, it was pretty potent. We took the night off from cooking and went with a pizza from Little Caesars.

Last night I was looking at Pioneer Woman's website and began drooling when I saw her recipe for Pasta with Tomato Cream sauce. Nick and I went out to the store and purchased the items we didn't already have stocked in the kitchen. HyVee let me down, they didn't have fresh basil, crazy. I tweaked the recipe a little bit by adding crushed red pepper flakes to add a little heat and, threw in some protein with some chicken. I think we can throw this recipe in the win category.
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese, please. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home