Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Garlic Risotto and more Blueberry Scones

I am a fan of cooking competition shows. Top Chef is my favorite but, for some reason I enjoy Hell's Kitchen too(it's probably just because of Chef Gordon Ramsay). On HK the contestants have to prepare risotto as a part of dinner service and, it always looks delicious. I have never had any while at restaurants because mushrooms are usually involved or ham(yes, I am picky).

Last night I decided I wanted to make risotto. I used a recipe that I found on Cook's Country called Garlic Risotto and, it turned out well. Nick and I kept tasting the risotto while it was cooking to make sure we didn't under cook or over cook the rice. We were both rather unimpressed with the flavor, until the end where the recipe called for the fresh grated Parmesan cheese (I splurged on the cheese and, went for a block) and thinly sliced scallions.

In the end, Nick and I were very happy with our dinner. Originally I had planned to steam some broccoli to place on top but, opted for some toasted garlic bread(blurry photo from my camera below). I am currently eating some leftover risotto right now and, it tastes delicious even after being zapped in the microwave.


Since we had to be up earlier than usual today, I wanted to have something tasty ready for us to grab for breakfast so, I decided to bake up some more blueberry scones.  This time I took photos of the cutting process/before baking and the finished product. I had 2 for breakfast... I could eat more... I am officially addicted to homemade scones!

Before (pardon the blurry-ness... the camera on my phone isn't so great)

After- up close shot of my new favorite addiction

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home